ABOUT Dr. Raney
Orange County cardiologist Dr. Raney is a recognized expert in cardiovascular care.
Aidan Raney, MD, FACC, is a board certified cardiologist specializing in advanced interventional cardiology procedures. Dr. Raney received internal medicine and cardiology fellowship training at UC Irvine, followed by a two year fellowship in interventional cardiology at the prestigious Scripps Clinic.
As one of the premier cardiologists in Southern California, Dr. Raney has a special focus on complex coronary interventions, including coronary stent procedures, rotablator atherectomy, and intracoronary radiation. In addition to being an expert in coronary interventions, Dr. Raney is one of the first physicians to perform minimally invasive aortic valve replacement (TAVR – transcatheter aortic valve replacement) in Orange County. While Dr. Raney has performed over one thousand coronary interventions, he is also well-versed in the non-invasive and preventative treatment of heart disease.
Dr. Raney’s strong research background as well as his involvement with evolving technologies has contributed to his numerous medical publications as well as his standing in multiple professional societies, including the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Raney operates his outpatient clinic at St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group in Orange, CA and performs procedures at both St. Joseph Hospital (Orange, CA) and Hoag Hospital (Newport Beach, CA).
Dr. Raney is a Southern California native and resides in Newport Beach with his wife, Natalie. He enjoys surfing, golf and reading in his free time.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate Education: University of California, Berkeley
- Medical School: George Washington University School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine: University of California, Irvine
- Cardiology Fellowship: University of California, Irvine
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship: Scripps Clinic, La Jolla
- Internal Medicine (ABIM, NBPAS)
- Cardiovascular Disease (ABIM, NBPAS)
- Interventional Cardiololgy (ABIM, NBPAS)
- Echocardiography (ASE)
- Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, CA
- St. Joseph Hospital, Orange, CA